Summary of 9 months…in a paragraph
Michael Huddart7 April 2015
Nine months have flown. We’ve spent most of it chasing our tail, making ends meet, trying to hit delivery deadlines by a really tight margin and putting too many hops into beer.
- One epic summer launch party where 1,000 of you came down to the brewery to check out the space. I should highlight that we turfed out 150 square meters of space in front of the brewery to cement that summer feel in our industrial estate. Also had DJs, great food from local CP providers and fresh beer…what a welcome to the community!
- One huge Xmas party where it snowed down a feast of Michael Buble, synthetic snow, good vibes and porter. It also marked the launch of our marquee that can bolt onto the side of our unit extending our beer enjoyment area significantly.
- Two new mezzanines have gone up, one to house malt, boxes, bottles and other brew paraphernalia, the other is a sort of office / R&D centre. Very important…
- We’re open for on the 1st and 4th Saturday of the month for fresh beers straight from the brewery, and have the license to sell bottles at any time. So come on by for a quick tour, cheeky taster and a gift pack.
- Our team’s gone from 2 to around 6 Gipsies to cope with all the demand for our beer! Great news for all…
- Two brew babies happened, real ones. With the brewery that makes three. I’m not sure which is the bigger handful!
- Most importantly of all is the incredible brewing journey we’ve been on. It’s been a while ride of discovery, mistakes and improved effort to make sure we’re sticking to the best standards of beer making and brewing we can. New kit where existing stuff wasn’t cutting it, better ways to manage our beer, better vessels, better practices. All these things have help our beer quality go up since the start. And we’re only just beginning.
Really pumped for what’s to come.