Applications Close: 10/03/23
Gipsy Hill3 March 2023
Gipsy Hill is one of the only employee-owned, independent breweries in the UK. We are also one of the biggest and best-rated craft breweries in London.
Growing from a team of three and production of 500HL in year one, to a team of 50 and 15,000HL of beer packaged a year, our focus has always been to create a high-quality core range that’s accessible and delivers great value, alongside producing a highly innovative and experimental specials range. We celebrated becoming Employee Owned in 2021 – where 2% of the business is given away to the team each year.
Gipsy Hill Brewery are looking to recruit a Brewer to join our team in South London. At Gipsy Hill we produce a mix of styles through our core and specials range. We are open to experimentation and actively champion innovation through processes, practices, and recipes. It’s a manual role, directly involved in the brewing and cellaring process, with a key focus on maintaining high standards.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of wort production from grain handling through to packaging, including, but not limited to:
- Wort Production on 60HL Brew House
- Yeast Management
- Fermentation Analysis
- Dry Hopping / Additions
- Screw Centrifuge and Disk Stack Centrifuge Operation
- CIP Operations
- Accurate Data Inputting and Stock Control in our management software
- High Level of attention to detail and cleanliness required.
- Regular Manual Handling of Raw Materials up to 50kg.
- Maintaining a high level of Health and Safety standards – following processes and procedures.
- Regular participation in our QC and sensory panels
- Supporting the packaging team as and when needed
- Brewing experience and / or relevant qualification required (GCB):
- SALSA compliance experience appreciated but not required.
- This role is perfect for someone looking to progress as a Brewer, with plenty of opportunity to learn and train in the role.
- Salary & Annual Leave: £27k-£30k depending on experience, 28 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays).
- Regular working week: 40 hours, Monday – Friday.
- Occasional weekend work required (charged at overtime rate)
- Reporting to the Head Brewer and Senior Brewer
- Employee Ownership Scheme.
- Feast Fridays (Team lunch provided by the company).
- 40% discount across our Bar Company.
- Summer and Christmas team events.
- Competitive training package.
- Cycle to work scheme.