Reporting into the Director of Brewing Operations, the Head of Engineering will be responsible for Maintaining and providing solutions for engineering breakdowns as well as providing support to production when and where needed.
The role will be to work in the production team across all elements of brewing, cellar and packaging to support the production team and ensuring the production team can meet the production goals.
- Ensuring a planned maintenance schedule is in place.
- Problem solving engineering breakdowns.
- Route Cause analysis
- Improving the brewery efficiency through engineering projects.
- Working on CAPEX projects to ensure projects are completed on time and in budget.
- Working with third party companies to maintain machines and manage the relationships.
- Support with production if needed.
Skills and attributes
- Experience of craft breweries
- Extensive mechanical experience
- Knowledge of electrical engineering is ideal.
- Passion and knowledge of craft beer
- Practical and hands on
- Strong work ethic
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Shift work and weekend work where applicable.
- Competitive salary + holiday package.
- Profit share.
- Paid volunteering opportunities.
- Friday team lunches.
- Weekly fruit and biscuits.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Respective training opportunities.
- Family beers.
- 40% discount across our bars.
- Staff events.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please fill out the following form.
We will be accepting applications until 28/02/2020.
About Gipsy Hill
Gipsy Hill Brewery is one of London’s largest independent breweries having grown fast since we started brewing in July 2014.
We’ve grown from three founders producing 2,500 litres a week then, to a team of 39 production, warehouse, sales, marketing and bar staff, brewing around 50,000 litres a week.
We now have two bars, have moved through 4 expansions, with another on the horizon, as well as moving our warehousing department to a another site to account for increased stock levels.