Taproom General Manager
Closing Date: 30|03|18
Taproom General Manager – Job Spec
At Gipsy Hill we’ve had a lot of fun over the last few years. Our team’s grown from 3 founders to 20 dedicated brewers, warehousers, sales chaps, marketeers, bar staff and more. We’ve opened two bars and we’ve never been happier with our beer quality. We’ve seen London, and the wider UK, blossom into a burgeoning craft beer hub, the biggest in Europe.
Quality is the bedrock of our craft beer movement, and too often it’s inconsistent. At Gipsy Hill, we are trying to lead the conversation about beer quality within breweries, pubs, bars, wholesalers and customers.
That’s why, for our new taproom next to the brewery, we’ve built the most advanced cellaring system that we know of in the UK. It has individual line temperature control, as well as 4 different settings for gas mixes, to keep the beer we serve in top condition. The same taproom will act as our barrel store while a larger site is found, and an R&D pilot brewhouse for 50L batches.
Community engagement and social inclusion is an important part of what we’re doing. We’re a fully wheelchair accessible site, with all tables accessible, as well as an accessible bar and loo. We’ll be regularly hosting a range of community events that promote inclusion and accessibility.
We want to be showcasing up to 50% Gipsy Hill beer, 50% guest beer, and we’re looking to source the best beer we can from across the world, with bar snacks and street-food vendors to match.
We’re looking for a general manager to run the site, and be the lynchpin between this taproom, our community of beer lovers and the brewery.
Taproom General Manager – Role
- Staff: Rota, hiring, chairing team meetings and implementing/managing development goals
- Reporting: results, performance, GP and bottom line responsibility reporting to management
- Events: organising and planning a pipeline of events, festivals, competitions…
- Community: Our taproom will be a hub for our community – integrating those two things is really important for us
- Training: Expanding and delivering a staff training program to champion our message and deliver what’s expected out of the site
- Marketing: Sole responsibility for social media and marketing of the venue and events in line with the voice of the venue and brewery
- Serving: Beer serving duties at a minimum of 10 hrs a week alongside the above
- Holiday is 20 days per year excluding public holidays
- Active salary-linked programme for Cicerone advancement
- Incentives for good performance
- Salary: TBD
- Hours: 40 per week
- Required: Level 1 Cicerone, Level 2 preferred, Level 3+ a bonus / should be aspired to
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org attaching cover letter and CV.